Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with Error -8072 when copying to flash-drive...

Hello all,

I've been trying to copy a zip / compressed folder I made to my flashdrive. When I try to drag and drop it into the Finder window at my flash-drive I get the following message:

The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -8072).

I looked into that error and I have found things on secure deleting the trash and verifying the drive. I secure deleted the trash and I fixed the disk (my flash-drive); however, I am still getting this error.

Can someone help me understand why and fix this so that I can backup some folders from my machine to this flash-drive?

I would sicnerely appreciate any and all help!

Thanks in Advance!

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), Mac OS 8.6 or Earlier

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 3:22 PM

7 replies

Sep 8, 2012 4:48 PM in response to BDAqua

I tried 2 flashdrives, same error on both.

I don't know what format either of them are, how can I figure that out?

Yes, the archive is ove 4 GB. But I have done this before. I make an archive and copy it over to both of these flashdrives around once a month.

Only a few are in the root on the flash-drive (they are all folders (about 5, but no more if I remember correctly)).

hope this helps you help me :-)

Help with Error -8072 when copying to flash-drive...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.