Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fcp 6 pixelation and distortion issues on timeline

Hi,
Hopeful this forum can help me with a major fcp 6 issue. I am currently experiencing pixelation and distortion when rendering my timeline. I have made no changes to settings, etc. I started a new project, timeline, etc. but no change problem still occurring. I even trashed my preferences and reinstalled fcp 6 software but no change, pixelation and distortion still appearing throughout the timeline when playing. The clips also play fine in the viewer. Oddly when I play previous projects that have been rendered, they play fine.

It doesn't matter if its video or jpeg images, when rendering I get the color pinwheel and the rendering is very slow. I am working on Mac G5 Power PC, 2.5GB memory, 16GB ram. I do not have other programs running in the background, so what could be causing this problem and how can I correct it?

Greatly appreciate any suggestions since I am not sure what to do next.
Thanks all!

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 5:08 PM

12 replies

Sep 9, 2012 10:37 AM in response to tricia editor

I doubt if it's a hardware issue.

What exactly is in your timeline ? how big are your stills and do you have any kind of motion graphics in there. Do all your clips match you sequence settings exactly.

I had a problem like this when I had some motion graphics sent by a colleague, I solved it by trashing the render files for the project, creating a new sequence and copying my old sequence over.

DM

Sep 9, 2012 10:52 AM in response to David Mclaine

No motion graphics. Currently just working with jpegs however I did bring them into photoshop and sized them to work in the 720 x 486 format. I've actually tried every format, jpeg, psd, tiff, etc. same issue. I also just trashed a bunch of render files, did a new project and sequence with no new results. If this helps, the image below is what I am getting and it runs through out the sequence once everything is rendered.

User uploaded file

fcp 6 pixelation and distortion issues on timeline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.