Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule Migration Assistant Problems :(

Has anyone experienced the issue where Migration Assistant can find your time machine backup, but won't restore from it? I just had to reformat my hard drive and am trying to restore from a time machine backup on my time capsule. The time capsule is showing up in the devices section of finder and I can navigate to the sparsebundle I want to restore from. When I try to click on that sparsebundle, however, I get an error that the following disk images couldnt be opened. It cites that the "resource temporarily unavailable."

When I try to restore from Migration Assistant, it once again finds the disk in th Time Machine, but after I type in my password, it says that "some backups cannot be opened."

I don't have any other backups and I am concerned about losing my photo and music libraries forever. Any ideas?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 7:40 PM

There are no replies.

Time Capsule Migration Assistant Problems :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.