Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto for Snow Leopard?

I'm selling my '07 Macbook Pro with Snow Leopard to a family member. They want iPhoto, but I can't buy it from the App Store because the latest one (iPhoto '11) is not compatible with Snow Leopard. I tried buying Mountain Lion, but that OS is not compatible with my computer.

Any thoughts how I can get iPhoto on this computer without buying an old version second-hand? This computer still has great life in it, but according to Apple it is obsolete. I guess it wasn't worth $2,499.00 after all.

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 7:35 PM

4 replies

Sep 8, 2012 8:32 PM in response to LarryHN

There isn't any version of iPhoto on this computer because it has been wiped and a fresh OS installed. (All of my Apps and data are on my new computer). iPhoto doesn't come standard as part of Snow Leopard OS, which is merely 3 years old. I can install a very OLD iPhoto (probably 6) that I have, but that is not ideal. Or I could find version 8 or 9 that works with Snow Leopard so my sister can use it. Here is my sister's scenario... Husband has recent Macbook Pro with latest iPhoto. Sister wants her own Mac (uses PC primarily for work) and they want to share same iPhoto Libraries on networked drive. BUT.... Sister has no way to access iPhoto Library from latest version because she cannot install latest version of iPhoto on her used computer, which still runs great with Snow Leopard.

By the way, I had purchased iPhoto '11 (version 9.2.1) in December 2011 and installed it FINE on this Snow Leopard computer. Now, suddenly, 9.3.2 cannot be installed on this same computer. If I login to the App Store, it wants to install 9.3.2 instead of 9.2.1 (which I purchased). VERY frustrating. The lifecycle of Apple's hardware and software is becoming increasingly short (and expensive!)

Sep 8, 2012 8:36 PM in response to TexasJason

1. There should be a version of iPhoto on the computer's original disks. If that's not sufficient, see below.

2. If you previously installed iPhoto from a DVD, use that DVD to reinstall it. If you got that version of it from the Mac App Store, contact the Mac App Store staff for assistance.

(69617)

iPhoto for Snow Leopard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.