Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot disable default calendar alerts

I have a really frustrating problem with iCloud calendar alerts that is driving me crazy...

I don't want to receive any alerts for events unless I specifically set an alert when I create the event.

I'm using the following settings on my iOS devices:

Default Alerts>

Birthdays: NONE

Events: NONE

All day events: NONE

In preferences on the web version of iCal "Add a default alert to new events and invitations" is NOT ticked.

And finally in iCal, I'm using the following settings:

Alerts>

Events: NONE

All day events: NONE

Birthdays: NONE

Now, if I create an event on either my iPad or iPhone, it behaves as expected and there is no alert added. However, if I create an event in iCal, it always shows on my iOS devices with an alert set for "At time of event". This is driving me nuts, is it a bug???

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), iCal

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 4:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 4:32 AM

No. That's the issue.

You can select no reminder and save but it either persists or recreates immediately.

It's broken and needs fixing.

7 replies

Sep 25, 2012 4:24 PM in response to martinneep

Same problem here!

I am syncing with google calendar and turned off all default reminders at google->settings->reminders.

I also turned off all alerts in ical->settings->alerts

It seems as the default alarm is only occuring on all-day entries, as soon as I uncheck it, the default alarm is gone.

The reminder says "Standard (Am Tag davor um 09:00)" which is German for something like "Default (The day before at 09:00)".

Any advice?

Cannot disable default calendar alerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.