Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto on iPhone opens wrong pictures

I tried to access a photograph on my iPhone 4s, clicking on the picture I wanted; iPhoto very briefly displayed the picture, and then switched to a photograph in a different album. Even though it still indicated the album I wanted was selected - "kid pictures" - it would show only photographs from the other album - "travel," for example. iPhoto on my iMac shows the pictures correctly. I have not tried to synch the iPhone as yet, as I'm concerned about corrupting the iPhoto library on my Mac, but I have shut off PhotoStream, for whatever help that might provide, and I have restarted the iPhone several times, to no avail.

iMac Intel Core Duo 27", Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 9:53 AM

On my iPad quitting an app and restarting it often helps correct problems like this. Here's how to do that on an iPad:

Go to the Home screen and double click the Home button. That will reveal the row of recently used apps at the bottom of the screen. Tap and hold on the app in question until it wiggles and displays a minus sign. Tap the minus sign to actually quit the app. Then tap anywhere on the screen above that bottom row to return the screen to normal. Then restart the app and see if it works normally.

Can you do this on an iPhone? Let me know.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2012 9:53 AM in response to Stan Fisher

On my iPad quitting an app and restarting it often helps correct problems like this. Here's how to do that on an iPad:

Go to the Home screen and double click the Home button. That will reveal the row of recently used apps at the bottom of the screen. Tap and hold on the app in question until it wiggles and displays a minus sign. Tap the minus sign to actually quit the app. Then tap anywhere on the screen above that bottom row to return the screen to normal. Then restart the app and see if it works normally.

Can you do this on an iPhone? Let me know.

Sep 9, 2012 10:54 AM in response to Ralph9430

Thanks very much for the tip. That trick is entirely new to me, but it does also work on the iPhone. I can't say whether it fixed the problem, however, because I went ahead and did a full restore - which did fix the problem. I have no clue why this issue developed, but it appeared to actually be getting worse: initially, I would click on the picture I wanted, it briefly would open, and then I'd be presented with a picture from a diffeerent album, and could scroll through photos in that album;the last time I tried iPhoto, it started giving me all the pictures in my library, in no discernible order. If this happens again, I'll try your approach first, and thanks once more.

iPhoto on iPhone opens wrong pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.