Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why have i lost some of my projects in aperture?

When i have uploaded from my iphone, digital camera or SLR they have always uploaded into aperture. Within the last 1-2 weeks i have been told by my laptop that memory is critically low. I decided to by a WD 2TB hardrive and transfer my whole aperture content across as it had plenty space for future projects. I did this and then checked to see if the projects were all there and they were. I tranferred every association from my laptop to the hardrive and then deleted Aperture from my laptop to free up space. I deleted movies and old insignificant images aswell as old documentation and files. I then sought to use time machine to backup onto the same hardrive. But when i plugged my hardrive back into the laptop huge amounts of film and photography were no there. Photos of my new born son and my engagement were all gone. Is there anyway to retrieve this imagery?

MacBook, iOS 5.0.1, Aperture

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 7:20 AM

1 reply

Sep 10, 2012 3:17 PM in response to karlos21999

Unfortunately, I just have some questions. The answers might help others or you figure out the problem.

1. Are your master images referenced or managed? If some are referenced, you may have just lost the connection (but it should tell you that).

2. Is your use of Time Machine only what you mentioned here or could the .aplibrary be on TM or other backup?

3. You said huge amounts were gone, but presumably not all. What would be the difference?

4. What version of Aperture are you using?

5. Did you ever make a vault?

6. How did you transfer the data vs. just moving the library and any referenced files?

If you are comfortable with doing so, you can look at the contents of your library. For Aperture 3, the data is very logically organized. Right click on the library and select Show Package Contents. You can drill down through just like Finder. Versions and Masters (assuming managed images) are organized by the date the image was taken.

Why have i lost some of my projects in aperture?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.