Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the podcasts app sync position between devices?

I have an iPad 3 and an iPhone 4 (and soon the new one) and with ios 6 coming down the pipe and podcasts becoming its own app I was wondering if anyone has tried starting a podcast on one device and then continuing it on another. I'm assuming position data could be stored in iCloud for podcasts easily since I think it can do it for videos and such (although I've only ever done that between devices by first syncing to iTunes so maybe I'm wrong on that it can do that). Just a curiosity. I currently use a gen 1 Zune as my mp3 player and podcast player and while I love that device it currently does not hold all of my music and it's starting to act its age a little bit. I'm hoping for an upgraded iPod touch soon and then that will be my main podcast player but I'd like to be able to have position data sync between devices easily in case one is charging.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has tried this app already and previewed the iOS betas!

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 7:10 AM

There are no replies.

Does the podcasts app sync position between devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.