Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charge Cycles and Battery Health

Hi! 🙂

I have iStat Pro and I checked my battery health, which was 90% after 152 charging cycles... Is this ok? Just wondering... Can somebody fill me in? THANKS!! 😉 Btw, my MacBook Pro is an early 2011 i5 13"...

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 9:24 AM

I've a late 2011 15" and I've 162 cycles with battery health at 97.9% - not bad considering how much I've actually abused it. 90% seems a little low, but not terrible. As long as your battery health is showing "Normal" or even "Good" you should be in pretty good shape. I use the free "Battery Health" app from the App Store to check on my battery occasionally... you might want to give it a look.

Clinton

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2012 9:24 AM in response to woofmatix

I've a late 2011 15" and I've 162 cycles with battery health at 97.9% - not bad considering how much I've actually abused it. 90% seems a little low, but not terrible. As long as your battery health is showing "Normal" or even "Good" you should be in pretty good shape. I use the free "Battery Health" app from the App Store to check on my battery occasionally... you might want to give it a look.

Clinton

Charge Cycles and Battery Health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.