Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reverse clip not working.

Reversing clip produces still image! The green retiming bar shows "Reverse Normal (-100%)" but playing the clip results in a still image. Any suggestions? (I am only connected intermittently, so it could be a few days before I can respond. Thanks!)

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), 2.6 GHz i7, 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 10:19 AM

9 replies

Sep 9, 2012 1:39 PM in response to RJBob

Trash the preferences using Digital Rebellion's Preference Manager.

Repair Permissions on your drive using Disk Utility (Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility).

Restart the Mac.

If that fails, you probably have a conflict on your system. Create a new (Admin) user in System Preferences and launch FCP X after logging in as that user. If it works, a clean reinstall of your System Drive is advisable.

Andy

Sep 26, 2012 7:58 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I finally got back to the internet with some time. I am crediting Tom with the solution but appreciate the heads up about the Digital Rebellion Pref. Mgr. from AndyNick.

I'm guessing that changing to 23.98 solved it. But what I have since noticed is that FCP X seems to get a little tweaky sometimes and that restarting the app will get things working again. When I originally changed the fps to 23.98 it didn't resolve the issue. After giving up, shutting down to leave and then later restarting, the issue WAS resolved.

So thank you for you help.

Reverse clip not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.