Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are apple computers compatible with lenovo usb 3.0 dock?

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 10:58 AM

All Apple computers with USB3 ports will be compatible with it, machines that only have USB2 ports are also compatible but will limit the hub to USB2 speeds.

6 replies

Sep 9, 2012 3:43 PM in response to Csound1

Thank you for that. I guess to take it one step further then would be to ask about the peripherals attached to the dock itself. DVI monitors are fairly cut and dry, what about an older dell all in one printer, scanner, fax setup. I would imagine hat even though I would be attaching the Lenovo unit all of the drivers would likely be incompatible with apple's OS correct?

Jul 29, 2014 8:49 AM in response to Fred5463

So, obviously this is a dead board since the OP asked the question in 2012. However, the appropriate answer is yes, conditionally all the devices work. For anyone who stumbles across this issue, you have to install a 3rd party driver to support the USB 3.0 to DVI interface.

While Lenovo doesn't supply a driver for the display adapters, the chipset inside it (and as far as I can tell, all other USB 3.0 to DisplayPort devices) is provided by DisplayLink. You can install the generic DisplayLink adapter drivers directly from their website at: http://www.displaylink.com/support/index.php

I installed the v2.2 drivers on my 10.9 MBP and the display immediately popped up on the attached monitor after the required reboot.

There are also installers for 10.4 - 10.5 and 10.6 - 10.9.

Hope this helps anyone in the future as I could find no solid information on any of the boards. I just took a chance that another manufacturer's supplied driver would work, Startech, and it did. Then, when I opened the driver, I discovered it was from DisplayLink. After that, it was a simple matter to determine the best download for others with this issue.

-Tim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.