Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with iWeb page...

Hello out there in Cyberland...

I need some assistance...My Site (which was created in iWeb 3) does not completely work in Safari but works like a charm in Chrome. My Blog Page "Projects" will load ocassionally but if you go back to it after viewing another page...all of the entries have dissappeared!!! I switched Safari to 32 bit thinking this would help...no dice...please assist me if you can. I have also tried to update the Blog.js and have emptied the Safari Cache many times...all to no avail.

My site is www.kmpstudioproductions.com

I am running Safari 6 on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53)

Please ADVISE!!!

Thanks

KMP Studio Productions

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 11:15 AM

6 replies

Sep 9, 2012 11:43 AM in response to KMPStudio

Works OK for me in Safari V 6.

This latest version of Safari is not working well for me. Apple have screwed up so much in Mountain Lion and Safari is now really is pathetic.

Its kind of pointless testing sites in Safari anyway since so few people use it. Test in Chrome and Firefox but remember that Chrome doesn't work too good with local files.

Try resetting Safari...

User uploaded file

Sep 9, 2012 3:21 PM in response to Roddy

Reset Safari but still not working properly...the Blog page entries still do not shpow up and the photo slide shows still do not show up...Any other suggestions...I read a thread about a Time Stamp on the Blog.js page that needs to be re-established...they said to put this into the blog.js script at the beginning of a large block at line 168

var formatConversion={"y1":function(d,localizer){return("0"+d.getFullYear()).slice( -2);},

so I did and still nothing...

Should I just start all over??

Please Help.

KMP

Sep 9, 2012 3:54 PM in response to KMPStudio

Your site still works OK for me in Safari.

Reset Safari, quit, relaunch and then enter your website URL with a ? at the end of it.

So many people test their iWeb sites in Safari and there is hardly much point in doing so...

User uploaded file

For testing local files, you should either set Firefox as your default browser or Chrome if you publish the files to your local server.

I have had problems with Safari 6 not clearing the cache properly. If you really make it jump through hoops it spins its wheels and locks up.

It is such a piece of c*#p I don't hardly use it all now and, judging by the above stats, neither does anybody else! Worry about IE instead.

Help with iWeb page...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.