Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Create a 1280 x 960 project?

Cannot find a way to create a project from scratch in 4:3 HD apect ratio. I´ve tried adding a video from my Gopro, others created in imovie, photoshop, or quicktime; but always comes the window: "video properties are not recognized"

The workaround I found for another project was to create a bigger size frame, that contained the 1280 x 960 footage, and then cut the letterbox with compressor and exported just I wanted. Really time consuming because compressor is TREMENDOUSLY slow and buggy.

But on this new project I´m working with stills, and I need to see my 1280 x 960 frame inside fcpx, because many of the pictures move, zoom and pan; and if the workspace is bigger than final export, I´m driving blind.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Pablo

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), ATI Radeon

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 1:57 PM

Take a look atthis work-around. I've tested it.

Russ

4 replies

Sep 9, 2012 7:14 PM in response to Chantus

Hard to say why you're getting beachballs. Could be hardware, Could be software. Could be project.

How are drives for free space…at least 20% on your systems drive and your media drive?

BTW. are your systems and media drives separate?

Could be 3rd party apps or plug-ins… anything recently added?

Create a new project copy original sequence and paste into new project.

Good luck.

Russ

How to Create a 1280 x 960 project?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.