Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get asked for size when sending photos from ipad/iphone by email

I frequently email photos from my iPhone, and sometimes email iPhone photos using Photostream on my iPad. When I tap on Send after selecting the photos and putting in the addressee and subject and accompanying text, I get asked what size I want to send the pictures - Small, Medium, Large or Actual. I usually select Medium, so as not overwhelm either my email server or my recipient's email server, especially when sending more than one at a time. My sister wants to do the same, but when she steps through the process she is not asked what size she wants, and the pictures are sent full size. Where is the Setting she can use to have it ask her what size?

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 5:49 PM

She is probably doing it through the native Photo is my opinion. When you send it through your native email system from "Photo", you are not given the option to choose a size. It's automatically formatted to be seen by the viewing user when they are going from an iPhone to an iPad or to an iMac/PC.

2 replies

Sep 9, 2012 7:06 PM in response to Joe Z in VA

Thanks Joe. We have discovered from this forum, actually, that if you send the photos from the iPhone, if that's where they were taken, then you are asked what size.

"If you send from the camera, then you get the option of reducing the size. If you send from your other photos synced from your computer, they don't have that option of reducing."

I tested it by sending a couple of photos taken by my iPhone, and sure enough, was asked as to size. Then sent the same two photos from my iPad (Photostream) and was not asked. Interestingly though, the sizes were identical in both emails.

How to get asked for size when sending photos from ipad/iphone by email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.