Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to take notes on PDFs.

Friends are able to use Preview on their macs (all newer versions). I am using Mac OS X 10.5.8 and software update says there are no updates. If I update will I be able to take notes on PDFs using Preview. Thanks!

MacBook (13-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 8:45 AM

Yes, updating your operating system will allow you to use Preview to take notes on pdf documents. See this Apple article on the features of Preview.

Note that your MacBook can be updated only as far as Lion (version 10.7.4.) To get there you will need to purchase Snow Leopard (10.6.8 - available from Apple but you have to call them) and then download and install Lion.

Best of luck.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2012 8:45 AM in response to Ben sajshd

Yes, updating your operating system will allow you to use Preview to take notes on pdf documents. See this Apple article on the features of Preview.

Note that your MacBook can be updated only as far as Lion (version 10.7.4.) To get there you will need to purchase Snow Leopard (10.6.8 - available from Apple but you have to call them) and then download and install Lion.

Best of luck.

I would like to take notes on PDFs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.