Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 4 suddenly turns black and unresponsive. I tried to reset but nothing happened. Help please

my iphone 4 suddenly turns black and unresponsive. I tried to reset but nothing happened. Help please

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 11:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 11:10 PM

See Here for

Frozen or unresponsive iPhone

Try this First...

Press and Hold the Sleep/Wake Button and the Home Button at the Same Time...

Wait for the Apple logo to Appear...

Usually takes about 15 - 20 Seconds... ( But can take Longer...)

Release the Buttons...

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

30 replies

Jan 18, 2013 6:34 PM in response to mprasetya

My iphone 4S has been doing this on and off since I purchased it in October. FINALLY after numerous phone calls, Apple is replacing my phone.

I did everything Apple asked me to do, Restore, turn off all apps, over and over. It began a week after I purchased my phone. I started calling Apple Customer Service at that time. If you report a problem, that problem is still covered until the issue is solved, so my warrently was still in effect.

I still don't know why. The tech thought it was a hardware problem. This has been an on and off again issue and irritating as heck. I recommend to the tech that they do an online search of black and unresponsive iphones, there are a lot of people with this problem.

Feb 1, 2013 1:32 AM in response to go4kris

Today I just came into the exact same problem. I got it to restore ONCE! and then it was fine, got all my apps back and what not (mind you, it was still plugged into the computer while it was working), then i disconnected it, and it was working, then just like you said, kept behaving the same way. Went right back to going to the apple logo and shutting off every 10 seconds or what ever. Now I cant even get it to restore. Did you ever find a solution for your problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.