Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to import .mxf files to Apple Final Cut Pro X?

Hello,

I'm in the process of purchasing a Canon XF305 Professional camcorder which uses MXF format files. I am using Apple Final Cut Pro X with Lion operating system. Is there a tool which can help me when ingesting with Final Cut Pro X rather than earlier versions of Final Cut Pro.

Thank you very much,

Thomas

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 1:36 AM

18 replies

Sep 10, 2012 1:52 AM in response to BurtThomas

Dear Thomas,

As far as I know, there is few programs which natively support MXF video converting or processing. I got my new Canon C300 several days ago, I looked around for a nice tool for my c300.

I tested one professional MXF Converter on Mac. The program seems nice. It natively supports my C300 camera and encodes MXF footages to Apple Prores which FCP X likes best. I found it in App Store. You can download it for a test. In addition, I saw the project about mxf column in a blog , it also seems to have a lot of solution, if you are interested, you can give it a try http://mts-to-aic-converter.com/mxf-column/

Hope this program helps. Happy Every Day.

Sep 10, 2012 2:32 AM in response to oliviacarlo

Hi oliviacarol,

I'm very thanks for your help. product is now working fine in full mode i must say your converter is one of very many i have tried out in the past few months and i made the decision to purchase yours as the fast and efficient conversion rate far excedes any other on the market today, i am only baffled why none of the reviews dont rate it the number one as I do, congratulations and best wishes for your brilliant program.

yours sincerely

Sep 10, 2012 6:00 PM in response to oliviacarlo

I have have a similar problem:

I am trying to work on a project remotely. It appears my ingested C300 clips are on our other mac in our office so are offline in FCP7. I have my laptop with me with the backup files on a drive with full structure but I can't work out how to import into XF Utility. XF Utility does not see them. i've tried transferring onto a CF card and reader but still not seen.

I tried your transcoding process (MXF to ProRes 422), it did work. Nothing is simpler than this. Thanks for sharing!

How to import .mxf files to Apple Final Cut Pro X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.