Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Book export to pdf - possible without white border?

Hello,

I want to print an Aperture Book at another local printservice.

For this I want to export the book to pdf via the print dialog. But the normal themes and the custom themes both produce white borders around the pictures and this way my printservice will print these borders. But I dont want any borders.

I also created a new custom theme with No margins (0 mm) but it still adds these white borders.

I dont have a local printer installed, could that be a problem? I installed a fax dummy and printed to pdf "with" it and the borders got smaller. But I cant install a real printer since I dont have one.

Thank you!

User uploaded file

Aperture 3, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 1:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 6:54 AM

The problem only occurs when the size "large" is selected at a shipped theme (any other size works; after changing a size -> select "rebuild with all images" and the white borders are gone again). And the custom themes dont work either.

I can't figure out why, but at least it shows me that it is not my fault.

Others have the same problem, too:

http://www.apertureexpert.com/forum-user/post/1264839

So a workaround is to use a shipped theme at the extra-large setting. My printing provider scales the pdf accordingly, but I couldnt figure out how they handle the different paper-aspect-ratios.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2012 6:54 AM in response to Ape Simpson

The problem only occurs when the size "large" is selected at a shipped theme (any other size works; after changing a size -> select "rebuild with all images" and the white borders are gone again). And the custom themes dont work either.

I can't figure out why, but at least it shows me that it is not my fault.

Others have the same problem, too:

http://www.apertureexpert.com/forum-user/post/1264839

So a workaround is to use a shipped theme at the extra-large setting. My printing provider scales the pdf accordingly, but I couldnt figure out how they handle the different paper-aspect-ratios.

Sep 10, 2012 7:35 AM in response to Ape Simpson

Addition:

This behaviour is only happening, when a printer (in my case a virtual printer) is installed. If no printer at all is installed, there is no way (I could find) to get no borders in any theme and size.

Here you can find a way to install a virtual printer:

http://support.quark.com/Knowledgebase/ArticleDetails.aspx?kbarticleid=bc63f28b- 1c94-de11-93a0-00155d642a02&l=1033&sj=9a11259a-b9a7-4069-98ff-a91d815951b4&pi=0& ps=10&st=0&sb=&so=&kd=&ui=en-US&title=How%20to%20Create%20a%20Virtual%20Printer

Using Cups-PDF to have a "real" printer (program that prints to pdf) has the same effect as the virtual printer.

Book export to pdf - possible without white border?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.