Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I remote wipe my iphone if I didnt set up icloud?

I am currently living in France and my iPhone was stolen out of my purse over the weekend. I remember downloading the Find my iPhone app and it is in my iTunes but I dont think that I set it up and I am not able to figure out how to remote wipe the phone.

My question is: can I remote wipe my phone if I didnt set up iCloud before the phone got stolen? I guess that the bigger problem is that I do not understand how iCloud works and I am unsure if I set it up at all or properly. Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated!

iPhone 4S

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 2:22 AM

1 reply

Sep 10, 2012 6:39 AM in response to jghoul

This message is probably more appropraite in an iPhone users group.

That being said - if the email server you were attached to was an Exchange Server then you may have this ability. In either case you need to login into the web interface for service and request that they device be wiped and if/when the phone contacts the server to check mail or sync files the phone will be wiped.

Good luck.

Can I remote wipe my iphone if I didnt set up icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.