Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder scroll bars getting in the way

Does anyone know how to stop Finder's horizontal scroll bar getting in the way when you scroll down and try to select the last item in list view? The only workaround I can find is to wait for the scroll bar to disappear - which is a pain in a**e. (The vertical scroll bar isn't much better, Apple, if you're listening.)

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 6:51 AM

8 replies

Nov 14, 2012 10:13 AM in response to Is-there-a-vet-in-the-house

I have this problem too. It seems just lazy programming by apple. I hope they fix it in a future patch.

In the mean time the best solution I've found is to just set the scroll bar to always being visible. Then the last file is no longer blocked as it was in prior versions of OSX.

To do this go to: Settings > General under Personal > Show scroll bars: always

Apple, please fix this. At least make it so that the delay on the dissapearing scroll bar can be customized or at least instantaneous!

Dec 21, 2012 4:35 AM in response to Is-there-a-vet-in-the-house

In general, I love the disappearing scroll bars. They save on valuable screen real estate. Also, there needs to be some delay time before they disappear - otherwise you couldn't click and drag the bar or click in the scrollbar to jump.

However, in the finder, the fact that the you can't click on the bottom item until the horizontal scroll bar disappears is a serious pain. As far as I can think of, there aren't any other contexts where clickable content regularly goes all the bottom of the window. I'd really like some kind of a fix for this.

Finder scroll bars getting in the way

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.