Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AUDIOBOOKS ON 5TH GENERATION NANO

CAN I PUT AN AUDIO BOOK ON THE 5TH GENERATION NANO?

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 6:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 1:30 PM

Yes. You can configure audiobooks that are stored in your iTunes library under Books to sync to your iPod Nano. You can do this from under the Nano's Books configuration tab in iTunes.

To access this configuration tab, plug in your iPod and select it from under theDevicessection in the left hand pane of iTunes to bring yourself to the iPod's Summary tab over to the right. Now locate the Books tab and select it. Here you can configure what and how audiobooks are synced to the device.

If you make any changes to this tab, make sure to hit the Apply button on in the lower right hand corner.

B-rock

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2012 1:30 PM in response to Julie Bartlett

Yes. You can configure audiobooks that are stored in your iTunes library under Books to sync to your iPod Nano. You can do this from under the Nano's Books configuration tab in iTunes.

To access this configuration tab, plug in your iPod and select it from under theDevicessection in the left hand pane of iTunes to bring yourself to the iPod's Summary tab over to the right. Now locate the Books tab and select it. Here you can configure what and how audiobooks are synced to the device.

If you make any changes to this tab, make sure to hit the Apply button on in the lower right hand corner.

B-rock

Sep 11, 2012 1:53 AM in response to planb77

Hi B-rock.

Many thanks for replying to my question. I have tried doing what you suggested this morning but on the summary tab there is no option for books. I have everything else but books. I have gone into music, ipods - all of the tabs and there is no option for books. Any other ideas? Do you think it is because the 5th generation does not allow you to play audiobooks? I cannot play movies on it that I have made in itunes either? I look forward to hearing from you.

Jue

AUDIOBOOKS ON 5TH GENERATION NANO

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.