Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no audio on dvd after burning

I burnt my old HD videos to a dvd using one step DVD, but there is midsing audio after few mintues? Does anyone know what to do/

macbook

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 7:14 AM

4 replies

Sep 10, 2012 7:40 AM in response to dc8899

I would probably suggest going back and creating a DVD with the more complicated method of dragging it into iDVD and authoring a DVD. You can then preview the DVD to make sure it's done correctly. If that still has a problem, make sure you are using high quality DVD-R. There could a glitch on the actual DVD that prevents it from playing the audio.

Sep 10, 2012 9:43 AM in response to dc8899

Follow this workflow to help ensure the best quality final product:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image and launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding was good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

This will separate the encoding process from the burn process to make trouble shooting easier. It also allows you to burn additional discs at a later date without having to reencode.

OT

Sep 14, 2012 8:44 AM in response to dc8899

With fast moving clips one should use the Professonal Quality endocing setting.

User uploaded file

That's a two pass process where the first pass determins which parts of project can handle high compression rates and which, like fast clips can't and then does selective compression on the second pass. Have you tried the professional quality setting previously?

no audio on dvd after burning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.