Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bill needed for AppleCare agreement registration?

Hi Guys,

I have a five year old AppleCare for an iMac. I bought in the USA, it was never activated and was still sealed. Today we opened it to register an agreement to an iMac, however the guy on the phone told us that, since our AppleCare number consists of only numbers (somehow this makes it special...), we can only validate it by sending a proof of purchase to them.

Well, my question is:

Is there any way around this? Cause I don't have the bill anymore. I can scan the whole box, every side, every number inside, every CD, document, etc... even the plastic, that was protecting it for 5 years. But not the bill. That's gone.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Martin

(By the way I live in Hungary. If it does matter.)

iMac

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 9:04 AM

1 reply

Sep 10, 2012 10:11 AM in response to szmarci

Apple changes the model numbers for Applecare every time they introduce a new model iMac, Macbook Pro, etc. Along with that, they probably also change the letter/number combination in the registration number.

Since these are user to user forums, we can't be of muach help with that - you will need to deal with Apple; they usually require proof of purchase on older items - I have had to fax in a purchase receipt myself. Call them and explain that you can send pictures of the box, etc, but no longer have the receipt - if it says "for iMac" on the box, it should be ok.

Bill needed for AppleCare agreement registration?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.