Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto transfer to Aperture..now I have 3 libraries?

So here's what I have done. after several months with Aperture and iPhoto, i decided to just use Aperture. Up until now, I was using an iPhoto referenced library with Aperture (i think that's right) and not using iphoto unless the photo was not in aperture. So, i guess i was using 2 separate libraries. Aperture for newer, and iPhoto for older, but when i started using Aperture i think i set it up so i didn't disturb iPhoto.

Please forgive my ignorance, here is what it says for libraries in aperture:

iPhoto library Version 9.3.2

Aperture library.aplibrary(current default)

Aperture library-iphoto.aplibrary

That said, not all the photos transferred from the iphoto library to the Aperture library. I had to update the iphoto library before i could merge them. i have narrowed down the approximate dates of the photos that didn't transfer from iphoto to aperture. i want to have 1 library...just aperture and delete the iphoto library completely. Oh, and now I have only 1.21G left on my HD!!! I have 21,000 photos in Ap and about 19,000 in iphoto, so my machine is dying. don't want any disasters, so i need to do this now.

i am on an iMac mid-2007. 4GB memory with a tiny HD 250G. I can't upgrade the HD at this time. i do have a brand new MBP with a large HD and 8G HD. i also want to have ALL my photos on that, in Aperture only, so ??? I'm running Mountain Lion on all computers.

I really appreicate any input and hope i've made a modicum of sense. Everything is backed up on an EHD.

Thanks in advance!

donna 🙂

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 11:38 AM

There are no replies.

iPhoto transfer to Aperture..now I have 3 libraries?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.