Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote dissapeared, Keynote disapeared, Keynote disapeared

Hey

On my school computer, Keynote, Pages and Apples variant of Excel (forgot the name) dissapeared. I put pages and keynote in the dock. A while later, instead of the icons you usually get, there where a questionmark instead, the same size as the original icons. I couldn't open them in this state. I removed them from my dock, and they vanished from my macbook air! As you might have guessed, Pages, Keynote and the other program are pretty vital since this is a school computer. Any chance of getting them back, and how would i go about doing that. I have checket in spotlight and in finder, but i still cannot find them. Help please!

iWorks suite 09-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), Fast help needed!

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 11:46 AM

3 replies

Sep 10, 2012 11:56 AM in response to JesperSWE

Check in the root directory of the internal main drive for a folder called "Applications". Within that folder should be applications you are looking for. It is simply a matter of dragging the icon for that appliction to the Dock, so that a shortcut will be copied there.

If for some reason, these applications are missing, and you suspect they have been deleted, then it is a matter of re-downloading them from the Mac App Store. If these applications were legiimately purchased with your Apple ID attached to the registration, then they should be avaialble in your "purchased" tab within the App Store application.

Sep 11, 2012 8:37 AM in response to JesperSWE

Which model/generation is this MBA?

I have a 2010 11" MBA that came with iWorks preinstalled, and was also supplied with a software reinstallation flash drive that contained iWorks, in case I ever need to reinstall.

If yours was an earlier version, then the iWorks reinstall media came on a DVD, supplied and packed with the machine.

On the last two generations of Air, Apple provides for backup application media through the App Store. In fact, this is how users re-install iLife, and iWorks if their system came with it.

So, are you missing the original backup media, or is yours a more recent model?

If yours is older model that came with physical media, and you need replacement media, you go through technical support, as if you were ordering a part for your machine. If indeed your system shows that it came with iWorks, then the replacement media will be at a rather nominal cost.

Keynote dissapeared, Keynote disapeared, Keynote disapeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.