Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

final cut pro x suddenly won't play, freezes

Everything was fine this morning. I was putting in a FCP sound effect and tried to play and it froze. I rebooted, took the effect out, but it is still freezing when trying to play.

I notice when rebooting this message came up which I haven't seen before: "The operation couldn’t be completed. One or more projects or Events were created with a newer version of Final Cut Pro X. These projects and Events will be ignored. "

That may be another issue.

I have FCPx 10.0.3 and again, everything was working last night!

Model Identifier: iMac9,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.93 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 11:59 AM

5 replies

Sep 10, 2012 12:04 PM in response to garyfromladysmith

I suggest you update to 10.0.5 and when you launch that version, your Events and Projects will be updated (with backups of the old ones saved within each folder).

Would be worth Trashing the Preferences too:

Download Digital Rebellion's Preference Manager (free, simple to use, and perfectly safe, both to download and use).

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

With Preference Manager, you can backup the Prefs when FCP X (or any of the Apple Professional Applications) are working normally. Then when either of the applications are acting strangely, Trash the Preferences, then Restore from your backups (just a mouse-click).

Andy

final cut pro x suddenly won't play, freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.