5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2012 12:04 PM by andynick
garyfromladysmith Level 1 (0 points)

Everything was fine this morning.  I was putting in a FCP sound effect and tried to play and it froze.  I rebooted, took the effect out, but it is still freezing when trying to play.

I notice when rebooting this message came up which I haven't seen before:  "The operation couldn’t be completed. One or more projects or Events were created with a newer version of Final Cut Pro X. These projects and Events will be ignored. "

That may be another issue.

I have FCPx 10.0.3 and again, everything was working last night!

Model Identifier:          iMac9,1

Processor Name:          Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed:          2.93 GHz

Number Of Processors:          1

Total Number Of Cores:          2

L2 Cache:          6 MB

Memory:          8 GB

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.6.8)
  • andynick Level 5 (4,925 points)

I suggest you update to 10.0.5 and when you launch that version, your Events and Projects will be updated (with backups of the old ones saved within each folder).

Would be worth Trashing the Preferences too:

Download Digital Rebellion's Preference Manager (free, simple to use, and perfectly safe, both to download and use).

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

With Preference Manager, you can backup the Prefs when FCP X (or any of the Apple Professional Applications) are working normally. Then when either of the applications are acting strangely, Trash the Preferences, then Restore from your backups (just a mouse-click).

Andy

• garyfromladysmith Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks, I thought I had .5  I can't seem to find .5  I only get: 

Software Update

Do you have the link for the upgrade?

Thanks a pile.

You should see the Updates available there.

If not, drag the App to the Trash then (with any System backup drives ejected) go back to the App Store.

Andy

• garyfromladysmith Level 1 (0 points)

I have downloaded the upgrade.  The program is still freezing after it is opened and I click on CERTAIN PROJECTS and EVENTS.   There are some projects and events that do open.

It may have something to do with the mp3 audio.  It seems to be what freezes the most when clicked on.

.mp3 audio is almost certainly the cause of it. It's too highly compressed for video editing software.

Use Compressor, MPEG Streamclip or iTunes to convert the .mp3 files to .aiff.

Make sure they are 48kHz too.

Andy