Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

THERE IS NO SOUND FROM MY MAC!

I have gone into settings and mute is checked but unchecking it is not a possibility. If I use the keyboard the sound control pops up with a no sign on it! I have looked in every conrner of the internet and have not found anything. I have tried earbuds and thats no help either. I just want an answer or a slight idea of whats going on.

iMac

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 2:05 PM

3 replies

Sep 10, 2012 4:42 PM in response to LARSONREBECCA

iMac version? Mac OS version?

"About this Mac" from your Apple menu (left end of menubar) will show the OS version. The processor type is also shown, and is a good start on helping us help you by narrowning down the iMac variant.

iMacs have been in continous production since 1998 but in different configurations, so it's important to nail down yours so someone doesn't give you advice inappropriate to your model.

THERE IS NO SOUND FROM MY MAC!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.