Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backup Failure after Mountain Lion

After I upgraded to Mountain Lion I got an error every time I tried to backup over wireless. I figured I would just backup from scratch, therefore I connected the hard drive to my USB, deleted the sparsbundle and then connected the hard drive back up to the Airport Extreme.

Now every time I try to backup wirelessly I get these errors (using Time Machine Buddy):

Starting manual backup

Attempting to mount network destination URL: afp://**********;AUTH=SRP@****%20******._afpovertcp._tcp.local/Time%20Machine

Mounted network destination at mount point: /Volumes/Time Machine using URL: afp://**********;AUTH=SRP@****%20******._afpovertcp._tcp.local/Time%20Machine

Creating disk image /Volumes/Time Machine/*****.sparsebundle

Error 60 creating backup disk image

Failed to create disk image /Volumes/Time Machine/*****.sparsebundle, status: 60

Backup failed with error: 20

Ejected Time Machine network volume.

My setup is an airport extreme base station with a Western Digital Drive connected to it. Of note, two other computers (both Lion) backup to this drive wirelessly via time machine and continue to do so flawlesly.

Please help discussion board, you're my only hope!

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.4/2.2 GHz), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 2:52 PM

There are no replies.

Backup Failure after Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.