Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my babysitter synced her iphone 4s on my computer and i didnt notice until i synced mine now all my contacts are deleted from my computer. is there any way to get my contacts back on my phone? like a way to restore from before she synced her phone?HELP!!

HELP!! my babysitter synced her iphone 4s with my computer and i didnt notice she deleted all my contacts when she did this. so when i synced mine it deleted all the contacts on my phone! is there any way to restore from before the sync? HELP!!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 3:36 PM

8 replies

Sep 10, 2012 3:44 PM in response to alison_2010

You may also be able to restore from an old backup on your PC. Run iTunes, connect iPhone, wait for it to appear in devices in left column. Right click on your iPhone and select Restore From Backup. You should see a drop down list and then you should be able to select the name for your iPhone fromthe list. It should than do a restore.

And unless that is a really good babysitter, I would not have them back again. And if you do, Password protect your PC to keep them out. I can't believe somone would sync their iDevice to someone elses iTunes. It's just rude to begin with.

Sep 10, 2012 3:49 PM in response to alison_2010

if you see the option to restore in itunes, click it. Your phone will give you the option to restore as new, or restore from backup.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

The above article walks you through it, and has pictures. As for your contacts, if you had them saved to Outlook (windows contacts?) you can follow this other article for getting them back. I know it says ipod, but it will work the same.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3191

Sep 10, 2012 4:07 PM in response to alison_2010

turning off the automatic syncing functions for the iOS device. To do this:

1. Select the iOS device under Devices on the left side of the iTunes window and click the Summary tab.
  2. Deselect "Automatically sync when this device is connected" and select anything you do want synced. (sounds like you want nothing synced) checkbox.
  3. Click Apply to sync the changes to the device.

my babysitter synced her iphone 4s on my computer and i didnt notice until i synced mine now all my contacts are deleted from my computer. is there any way to get my contacts back on my phone? like a way to restore from before she synced her phone?HELP!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.