Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Release of Aperture 4 - Free upgrade, and worth to wait?

Since Aperture just had a minor upgrade to 3.3, I asked myself, when they would release Aperture 4 and if that would be a free upgrade. If not, is Aperture 3.3 great to use? Can I place a picture into another one?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 7:16 PM

2 replies

Sep 10, 2012 7:54 PM in response to applefanguy

This is a general iMac forum, you probably should re-post in the Aperture forum. Also please look over the Terms of Use you agreed to, in it you will see it says we cannot speculate on any of Apple's future products. You are free to ask technical questions about Aperture or any other Apple product but this site isn't designed for speculation, rumors, pricing, selling etc. Your last question would be 100% OK though and very welcome.

Sep 10, 2012 10:17 PM in response to applefanguy

I do not believe that you can place a picture within a picture in Aperture (or in iPhoto for that matter); that software is more for enhancing pictures. You could take a look at Graphic Converter - I believe you can do it there. As for a new version 4 - no, that would not be free. And, once that is available at the app store, v. 3 will disappear (no longer available) - point updates are free (x.1, x.2, etc), new versions are not.

http://www.lemkesoft.com/content/188/graphicconverter.html

And, I just found this by googling:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6962268_insert-image-another-photo-mac.html

Release of Aperture 4 - Free upgrade, and worth to wait?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.