Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 Notification center problems!!

So basically all of a sudden my iPhone notifications bar won't pull down anymore. I try to pull it down but it does absolutely nothing and I can't check the notifications

However if I have just gotten a message and it is showing the bar up the top I can swipe that down and the notifications bar will show.

Also if i put the phone in landscape mode I can pull the bar down but I cannot click X then Clear to get rid of any of the notifications when I do this?

I have trawled the internet for agesssss and haven't found anything, got the screen replaced as I thought it might have a faulty LCD and nothing!! Have hard reset as well and and even restored my iPhone to a previous backup but nothing

Please help 🙂

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 11:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 11:40 PM

Do a reset (Hold Sleep/Wake and Home buttons about 10 secs or more till Apple logo appears, ignore the Slide to Power Off that appears)

Note: You will not lose any data.

11 replies

Sep 10, 2012 11:52 PM in response to rustythomson

This cannot be a hasrdware issue. So the safe way to get rid of the issue (and all your data) is to delet e the ipsw file and restore without using the backup or syncing any data.

You find the ipsw files here:

Mac OS X: ~/Library/iTunes/iphone(iPod or iPad) Software Updates

XP: c:\Documents&Serttings\(username)\Applicationdata\Apple Computer\iTunes\iphoneSoftware Update

Vista&7: c:\user\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iphoneSoftware Update

Restoring as new : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4137

iPhone 4 Notification center problems!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.