Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari acting weird

Hey you guys (and gals),

I've been looking for a simular topic, but the problem is so strange to define it, that I could not find any...

I'll try to explain, so here goes:

I've been browsing for a while now with Safari 6 as my standard browser, but since my last software update (that even didn't involve Safari) it's having his own way.

As a webdesigner I view a lot of websites over a day, but sometimes when I click a link or a button on one website, it preforms the action on a random website I viewed before.

For instance:

If I'm on site A (www.example-a.com) I see site A and it works as it should, but sometimes (it's randomly, I don't actually know how to reproduce this issue) when I click a link or (press a button to) submit a form, it navigates to website B (www.example-b.com) to preform the action (eg. logging in, going to a certain page, ...).

Do you know a fix for this situation?

Many thanks in advance!

Safari-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Sep 10, 2012 11:06 PM

5 replies

Sep 11, 2012 1:26 PM in response to Blacksnipe

it preforms the action on a random website I viewed before.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data (removes cookies)

Now back to the Safari menu bar click Safari > Reset Safari

Select: Clear History (also empties the cache)

Deselect the other boxes then click Reset.

Quit and reluanch Safari. See if that made a difference...

Safari acting weird

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.