Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Recover Deleted iMessages From iPhone

pless i have deleted IMESSAGE FROM MY I PHONE HOW I CAN BACK ?I HAVE DELETED WEN MY FRIEND SEND TO ME ?HOW I CAN BACK I HAVE DELETED BEFOR 3 MUNTH THANK YOU

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 12:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 12:39 AM

no, you can't get them back.. unless you created a backup since these messages.. otherwise no

13 replies

Nov 13, 2013 2:06 AM in response to Kerryko

Yes, everyone knows that messages are stored in the iCloud backup. Read the entire thread.

You still have no clue. Backing up to iCloud and restoring the backup to the phone have nothing to do with syncing with iCloud as you recommend. They are entirely different processes and not just "a wrong word." Messages are stored with the rest of the backup and not automatically "uploaded." The OP would have to specifically back up to iCloud, and restore the backup, not just "use" it.

I suggest you read the article you referenced. While your at it, read the entire thread you're posting in, which has been dormant for months and already anwered.

Aug 27, 2015 8:07 PM in response to hectorfbm

Now iCloud enables users to recover files, contacts, calendars and reminders from iCloud backups directly. It's a great news to many iPhone users.

If you have not synced iPhone data to iCloud previously, don't worry because you can still have chance to get them back as long as you have iTunes backup

files or iPhone Data Recovery.

If you want to restore iPhone with iTunes, please get your iTunes backup files ready.

If you want to recover deleted iMessages from your device directly, you can scan them and preview and recover them with the tool.

How to Recover Deleted iMessages From iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.