Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMC-Firmware for MacBook Pro 2010 (7,1)

Hey,

I have a serious problem with my 13-inch MacBook Pro Late 2010 (Modell 7,1): a few days after shipping Mountain Lion, Apple has shipped a wrong update for me via "Software Updates" the in the AppStore. To name it: I received a SMC-Update for a 2010 MacBook Air.

My Mac was broken afterwards but due to the help of an experienced friend of mine, we were able to bypass SMC and to install a SMC-Firmware of a MacBook Pro 5,1 (Code: 1.32f8). Why this Firmware and not mine? There is no 7,1 SMC download on the Apple Support Page for my MacBook Pro.

Although it should be able for Apple to deliver a 7,1 SMC Firmware to me, they are not willing to do so. I have tried the 8,1 13" SMC-Firmware which is not working for me.

My question is: first of all, out to all the owners of a MacBook Pro 7,1: would it be able to "extract" their SMC-Firmware (maybe create an installer.pkg) and send it to me? Or does anyone have an ideo how to solve my problem?

I would be very happy to hear from you soon!

Yours,

little_joe

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 1:23 AM

There are no replies.

SMC-Firmware for MacBook Pro 2010 (7,1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.