Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't forward email with link included

I received an e-mail from a friend's Yahoo account that contained a link that appeared suspicious. I asked my friend if she'd sent it. She said no. She asked that I forward the message to her to another address of hers. I could not. I received an SMTP error. I tried various other SMTP settings, used different accounts etc.. Could not forward the email to her. I tried forwarding it to myself. Couldn't.

As soon as I edited the message to remove the suspicous link, I could forward the message.

Explanation?

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 6:57 AM

4 replies

Sep 11, 2012 7:30 AM in response to Dav-o

I do not have an explanation other than Mountain Lion does not like the embeded link.

Dav-o wrote:

I received an e-mail from a friend's Yahoo account that contained a link that appeared suspicious. I asked my friend if she'd sent it. She said no. She asked that I forward the message to her to another address of hers. I could not. I received an SMTP error. I tried various other SMTP settings, used different accounts etc.. Could not forward the email to her. I tried forwarding it to myself. Couldn't.

As soon as I edited the message to remove the suspicous link, I could forward the message.

Explanation?

I say this to you with great respect. If you as you say it looked suspicious plus your friend said she did not send it! Then why oh why did you want to send it to her. 😕 My only suggestion is that you ask your friend to change her Yahoo password!

Can't forward email with link included

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.