Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign in to the app store?!

Hi All

Everything works fine and I can see the apps and browse the store. I'm even being notified of updates, but when I got to buy or update anything it's says I need to sign in.. When I click on sign in either when it prompts in the store or from the store menu nothing happens... No windows, no error messages... Nothing!!

It all coincides with the 10.8.1 update.. plus my soundcard now crashes my imac since that update too.

Thanks Apple 🙂

No seroioulsy any help would be greatly appreciated... My sound card is an Mbox 2 pro if anyone can help with that too lol.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), 3 GHz i3 / 4GB RAM

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 7:33 AM

5 replies

Sep 11, 2012 11:56 AM in response to Weaver@Swampfoot

When I click on sign in either when it prompts in the store or from the store menu nothing happens... No windows, no error messages... Nothing!!

Might be a third party software issue > Mac App Store: Sign in sheet does not appear, or does not accept typed text

Disable anti virus software. App such as Little Snitch and Net Nanny can prevent access to the App Store.

As for the MBox pro 2, check the manufacture website for v10.8 Mountain Lion compatible drivers.

Just so you are aware, Apple is not responsible for updating third party software such as drivers. That is the responsiblity of the manufacturer.

Sep 11, 2012 12:09 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Yeah! Go Carolyn! Your answer suggested to me disabling rules for Hands Off (similar to Little Snitch). I would not call this anti virus software, since it focuses on notifying inbound and outbound network connections. But that is quibbling... the point is that listing the possible apps led me to the correct solution. Thank you for your help. Otavio

Sep 12, 2012 5:12 AM in response to Weaver@Swampfoot

Hello all.

My iphone tells me that I have nine apps to update, but when I click the app store, it reads "cannot connect". Oddly enough, it will let me search,, etc., and even buy and download new apps!

Signed out, back in, etc.

Hard reset too. No change.

No such problem on ipad. Another friend having exact same issue, except with ipad, not iphone.

Methinks apple has a problem?

Can't sign in to the app store?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.