Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have all the correct settings for my e mail but i can't send for some reason it keeps taking my outgoing server offline

i have all the correct settings for my e mail but i can't send for some reason it keeps taking my outgoing server offline can anyone help

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 8:50 AM

1 reply

Sep 11, 2012 9:03 AM in response to stuartsocial

If you can receive mail and your connection to your ISP is otherwise working, but cannot send mail, then your SMTP settings are incorrect; the SMTP server port is wrong, your SSL setting is wrong, or the username or password credentials don't match what the ISP has, or your attempted accesses are being blocked or your ISP SMTP server is offline.

And in general, don't use port 25 for your outbound mail, unless your ISP specifically requires that; these days, that port is best left to communications between mail servers and (usually) not used by any mail clients.

i have all the correct settings for my e mail but i can't send for some reason it keeps taking my outgoing server offline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.