Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad2 How do i delete email contacts that appear for sending email, but are not found in the contact book?

Ipad2--How do i delete email contacts that appear for sending email, but are not found in the contact book?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 9:40 AM

By restoring as a new device ... which would be overkill for this issue.

The mail app remembers those addresses independently of the contacts app. You cannot delete them. They will disappear eventually if you do not use them, but you cannot delete then on your own.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2012 9:40 AM in response to Madpad

By restoring as a new device ... which would be overkill for this issue.

The mail app remembers those addresses independently of the contacts app. You cannot delete them. They will disappear eventually if you do not use them, but you cannot delete then on your own.

Sep 11, 2012 10:38 AM in response to Demo

Thank you very much Demo!

Although I personally don't know your level of expertise, you do sound knowledgeable.

Also, i had previously searched high and low with virtually no confirmation (which is usually the death-knell for any reasonable solution as i have found over my 20+ years as a techi, data sys programmer, developer, etc.

But I got away from all that over the past years and sadly now have even less patience than ever for these type of BS issues, which unfortunately just irks the heck out of me--both MS and Apple both tick me off by having such wonderful creativity on the one hand and yet just plain stupidity on the other--sorry, just venting a little here--it becomes even more difficult knowing top development execs personally at both companies who don't even want to hear about these type of issues---you don't even want to know the stupidity that goes on behind the scenes--it's hard to even believe)..

Okay, my apologies for the lengthy response which kind of turned into a mini "rant" (I did try to be slightly informative

:) ).

But again, thank you very much for the speedy reply--I do appreciate it! I also see you provide many replies to folks---i believe Apple should reward you with some type of compensation--maybe a free device over time,for all your assistance.

So in summary--yes, finally! I believe your answer is right on, especially considering my own previous digging with this issue. Nice job.

Take Care.

-D ("MadPad")--now you get an idea of how I came up with the ID, very quickly.

Enough already--my rambling ends here.

Sep 11, 2012 10:59 AM in response to Madpad

You are quite welcome and I think that many of us agree with your assessment of the mail app issue.

Thank you for the very kind words as well. The points awarded are appreciated, and not to sound corny about it, But I really get the most satisfaction out of my participation on the ASC by knowing that I was able to provide help.

Thanks again!

Sep 11, 2012 11:22 AM in response to Demo

Demo--

Not corny at all. Actually I have always tried to be the same way myself--keep up the great work!

This was my first time logging into the Apple Support Community. But I took a little time to look around and now I have a better understanding with how Support folks like yourself can attain incentive opportunities--which is the least Apple could do. But like we both agree, the real incentive is being able to help others out (something that money/tangibles can't always provide!).

Take care.

Madpad

iPad2 64GB (and need every byte...).

Ipad2 How do i delete email contacts that appear for sending email, but are not found in the contact book?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.