Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete "unknown faces"?

Is it possible to delete all faces that are unknown?

I name the people I want in photos but when there a lot of people in the photo, there are also a lot of unknown people and I'd like to remove the photo tags.

Thank you.

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 10:11 AM

User uploaded file

You can reject the unnamed faces on an individual basis by ctrl-clicking the thumbnail and selecting "Not a face". This will remove the unnamed face from the list of unnamed faces. If you do not want to remove it permanently use "Skip".

But it is not possible, afaik, to select more than one thumbnail to reject multiple faces at once.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2012 10:11 AM in response to Jerry Dammers

User uploaded file

You can reject the unnamed faces on an individual basis by ctrl-clicking the thumbnail and selecting "Not a face". This will remove the unnamed face from the list of unnamed faces. If you do not want to remove it permanently use "Skip".

But it is not possible, afaik, to select more than one thumbnail to reject multiple faces at once.

Delete "unknown faces"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.