Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter

Hi

Love the new MBA 13", purchased very recently.

At the sametime I also bought the:

Today unfortunately when doing a presentation at a client site and plugging into the client's meeting room projector I was not able to get connected with the projector. We tried with three mini display cables and the same result.

To rule out whether it was the projector we tried with a Windows laptop and an older MBA purchased in 2010/11 and a signal was connected through the projector. So we were able to pinpoint it to the new MBA.

Are there any issues with the new MBA and projectors. Do I need to update any drivers etc...?

Thank you for your help with this.

Regards

Robin Bingeman

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), have bootcamp

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 1:49 PM

2 replies

Sep 11, 2012 5:02 PM in response to robinbingeman

This is a known problem. Some people have reported success if they've connected everything while the computer was off. Then with the projector on, turning on the computer. Others report some projectors will work but others will not. Some report that using the Digital or HDMI port on the projector works. If you look to the right you'll see More Like This and maybe you can get some hints/answers there.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.