16403 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2012 2:59 PM by JoeKool7
Resetting the SMC on Mac portables with a battery you can remove
- Shut down the computer.
- Disconnect the MagSafe power adapter from the computer, if it's connected.
- Remove the battery.
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
- Release the power button.
- Reconnect the battery and MagSafe power adapter.
- Press the power button to turn on the computer.
Resetting NVRAM / PRAM
- Shut down your Mac.
- Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
- Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
- Release the keys.
Copied form Apple support website