Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Express and D-link dsl 2730b

I am thinking about purchasing a Airport Exprss but I have a question. I have a D-link dsl 2730b in the kitchen and the signal in the a office is a little week. I am wanting to use a Airport Express in the office so I can print from any room, have my music connected to my speakers and boost the signal a little bit.

Can a Airport Express be used if it is in a different room from the main wireless router?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 3:40 PM

It sounds like your primary goal is extend the wireless network provided by your existing D-Link router. Unfortunately, you will not be able to do this with the Express ... at least not by having a wireless connection between them.

However, you can use the Express for both sharing a USB printer and for streaming iTunes. Please check out the following Apple Support article for details.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2012 3:40 PM in response to JWMS1985

It sounds like your primary goal is extend the wireless network provided by your existing D-Link router. Unfortunately, you will not be able to do this with the Express ... at least not by having a wireless connection between them.

However, you can use the Express for both sharing a USB printer and for streaming iTunes. Please check out the following Apple Support article for details.

Airport Express and D-link dsl 2730b

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.