Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem with java for 10.5

I just installed the 6/28/11 update for Java for my macbook pro 10.5.8. It doesn't seem to change anything. Any suggestions for fixing this? Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Java not working

Posted on Sep 11, 2012 5:25 PM

6 replies

Sep 11, 2012 5:38 PM in response to CMCSK

I didn't realize I had a problem until this week. I am trying to log on to a chat room format meeting. I have firefox 15.0.1 - updated recently so might be linked to this problem with java. I'm not familiar with when java is operating so I only recognized this when I could not join the chat room meeting. I downloaded the update, restarted the browser, but it did not work. I am going to try Safari to see if it works. Thanks for any suggestions you have on how to fix this!

Sep 11, 2012 5:41 PM in response to crystalworldbridger

Use another browser....

Disconnect all peripherals from your computer.

Boot from your install disc & run Repair Disk from the utility menu. To use the Install Mac OS X disc, insert the disc, and restart your computer while holding down the C key as it starts up.

Select your language.

Once on the desktop, select Utility in the menu bar.

Select Disk Utility.

Select the disk or volume in the list of disks and volumes, and then click First Aid.

Click Repair Disk.

Restart your computer when done.

Repair permissions after you reach the desktop-http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25751 and restart your computer.

User uploaded file

Sep 11, 2012 6:23 PM in response to CMCSK

Thank you for your suggestions. I followed your advice and ran Repair Disk and restarted, but the problem persists. Here is what I get when I test the java on the chat room site:

If you see this message you do not have a Java enabled browser. Visit ParaChat Support for more information on how to upgrade your browser!

Verify Java Version

For Java versions 6 and below, Apple supplies their own version of Java. Use the Software Update feature (available on the Apple menu) to check that you have the most up-to-date version of Java 6 for your Mac.

If you have problems with downloading, installing or using Java 6 (and earlier versions) on Mac, please contact Apple Technical Support.

problem with java for 10.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.