Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems with saving and versions

i know you're all preparing popcorn for the iPhone release, but maybe one or two have got a minute to read this and help me

i'm using lion for a while, and ever since i'm losing files.

my problem is not the system, maybe i just didn't get how to use it, but i'm blaming having lost my files. :/

so, there's versions, and autosave. but simetimes i dran 'n drop a file i'm working on trom my taskbar (the little icon next to the filename) to my desktop. sometimes, but not always, it's corrupted. i don't always notice right away, so when i close the document (without saving of course) it's just a file icon, but there is no possible way to open it without getting a message.

i don't know if i'm not using it right, but "they" say you don't have to save your files, they say your files are saving versions, but so many times i can't go back to a version.

also i'm using a lot of photoshop, and just now something happened, and not for the first time:

i opened up a .psd that i was working on yesterday. when i wanted to save it (with crtl-S), it said "Could not save *documentname*.psd because the file is already in use or was left open."

of course the file is in use and open. how does the mufassa expect me to save a file without opening it up? and why would i save a file without using it before? this is not the first time, and i always have to save it using a different name, and then delete the old file...

i might have a thinking problem, but maybe you can still help me out?

can someone update me on how to optimize my workflow, so i can spend more time working, and less time looking for files or restarting documents?

thx and peace,

Marc

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 12:59 AM

There are no replies.

problems with saving and versions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.