Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No iCloud email for 24 hours & counting!

I can't trust Apple's reliability.

Yesterday Apple claimed only 0.17% of users were affected. Now it's 1.1% per recent update. That means the problem is 6.4x bigger than yesterday. And I'm suspicious the number understates reality.

It's a big problem and my trust in Apple is deeply shaken. I won't rely on them again.

User uploaded file

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 4:23 AM

I haven't been able to access my iCloud on my Mac Mail or online since Monday !!!! It was working on my iPhone up untill today, now I am completely disconnected. I NEED to know when this problem will be resolved ? Does anyone have any ideas how long we are going to be without emails ?

19 replies

Sep 12, 2012 6:06 AM in response to KMBonMac

24 hours with no iCloud email service here in Ascot, England! Tech support seems to be clueless about it. One of them said a couple of hours ago that they "may be" uploading a half million emails from a server that need repair to a blank server. He also said that iCloud email should not be used for business "because it is free and unreliable." Anyone have a better option? I'm fed UP!

Sep 12, 2012 8:57 AM in response to KMBonMac

Its my work email as well, but life wont end. I'm actually getting other things done. I have contacted my regular customers by gmail, and catching up on some other stuff. I have had this email since it was called iTools. I think it went down once before when it was MobileMe, but just for a few hours.

To say Apple is unreliable is way over the line. iTools started in 2000 and always worked, then when it became MobileMe in 2008, I had one outage. I do miss iDisk however. I don't think Apple can tell you anymore than it has already. I know when I have a production problem, people want to know, but sometimes, I am trying to find out what the heck the problem is. A couple of days does seem like a long time in this day and age, but I think we will get through it. My parents managed as kids in a bomb shelter in London during the war, so I think we can put this in perspective. It's just email, and you can still contact people using other mail clients. Hang in there!

No iCloud email for 24 hours & counting!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.