Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube not working over wifi

Whenever tried to play videos on YouTube it says "unknown error", it had been working fine all these days, from past few days i've been facing this issue ?

I was also unable to access app store & game centre for which I got a fix by updating the DNS server in wifi section

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 2:06 PM

Do you get the error when it tries to play embedded YouTube videos specifically, or getting to YouTube webpage, or...?? How is access to normal web pages (cnn.com, msnbc.com, etc)? Do videos on those sites (assuming they're not Flash) work?

8 replies

Oct 4, 2012 6:40 PM in response to RaNGeRHiM35

got my problem resolved

there was a problem with my WAN settings(on router)

if you guys are unable to access youtube over wifi on your devices

better option is to call the router manufacturer, b'coz i had this problem for over a month

posted a lot of questions on several blogs, didn't get any help

let me know if anyone having problems accessing youtube over wifi on your idevices 😉

Jul 3, 2014 12:16 AM in response to junkie8178

Before going down the router route..try this..it solved my problem completely..

The answer to my problem was to change the DNS server number (should have done this first when the "playback error" persisted.:/). Take a screenshot of your original DNS number for future necessity, then change it to OpenDNS..or google DNS...I used google DNS...for complete & thorough instructions..follow this site:--> http://www.macinstruct.com/node/558

Edit

YouTube not working over wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.