Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud is not working

icloud is not working

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 6:51 AM

5 replies

Oct 5, 2012 11:09 PM in response to b2tall4u

As I said, it doesn't actually tell me anywhere how to backup using iCloud. I was under the impression that the stuff i had selected was all being automatically backed-up without any intervention by me.

But no. Having now received extra storage, I checked to see how much my documents, photographs, etc had taken up already, only to find that only my Mail (and probably not all of that) has been backed up.

In typical Apple fashion, there are no written instructions anywhere for iCloud (and I did look for them a year ago, when my account was migrated). Like MobileMe, it seems to be load of hype with little substance.

So, am I expected to drag stuff across or upload documents to the cloud, like I do very easily with Dropbox? Or is it actually automatic, as I had been led to believe? Any advice or a pointer to the guidance would be gratefully received.

Nov 20, 2013 7:58 PM in response to Dissenter

Dissenter, I agree. There are no instructions for icloud. I want to retrieve the content stored on icloud, but there are no instructions for doing so. There are a boatload of instructions for setting up icloud on your device, which I have done. It automatically stored everything I had on my iPad and iPhone. I keep getting the message that I have used all my storage and Apple/icloud wants me to buy more, but until I can retrieve what is alreadly stored, I will not purchase anything else. Please don't tell me to go to icloud support. That is worse than useless.

icloud is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.