Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I prevent an email from going to bulk mail

I have one individual that sends email to me, and their email always goes into BULK mail. I have added them to my address book, but they still are going to bulk--and I miss them or respond late. How can I get that email address to go to inbox?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 7:22 AM

4 replies

Sep 12, 2012 7:40 AM in response to Robin Nicks

Choose Preferences from the Mail menu, and click the Junk Mail icon. Then check the appropriate box to exempt messages from people in your Contacts from being filtered as junk.

If that doesn't work, something about those messages must be triggering your e-mail provider's spam filter, causing the server to file the message in the junk mailbox. Who is your e-mail provider?

Sep 12, 2012 8:10 AM in response to Robin Nicks

I'm not sure what you're referring to, then, as there's no standard IMAP mailbox called "bulk". That could be a junk mailbox by another name, provided by your e-mail provider. If this is happening with your company's e-mail server, you should talk to your company's tech support folks about this issue. It certainly doesn't sound like an issue with Mail, unless this "bulk" mailbox is one that you created, and are using a mail rule to move messages into.

how do I prevent an email from going to bulk mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.