Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

organizing photos in iphoto

I just switched to a MacBook Pro from a Windows based computer. We transferred our photos to the MacBook Pro and into iPhoto. Obviously, it split everything into events. In Windows, I had multiple folders for my photos. For example, we had a son last year. I have one folder that is marked "Brayden". Inside that folder, I have more folders. I have a folder for "Month 1", "Month 2", "Grandma's First Visit", etc. He is now 1.5, so I have a lot of folders within my "Brayden" folder. When these came into iPhoto, they are now all over the place because each folder is now an Event. Is there anyway to create a folder within my Event? Everything I'm finding so far is telling me I would need to create an Album and then create a sub-folder within the Album. I don't like this, because it leaves me with a very discombobulated Events Library. I have no problem with creating an Album, but then I want to delete it from Events...but then it permanantly deletes my photos. Obviously I am having trouble converting from Windows. Anyone else do this and find a good way to organize photos when transferring from Windows to a Mac?

iPhoto '11, OS X Server

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 9:00 AM

1 reply

organizing photos in iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.