Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get Rosetta

My install disc for my epson printer will not open because it says that Rosetta is not installed. How do I get How to get Rosetta, after looking in the discussions there seems no way to get it . I have set my printer up a long time ago by USB but now I would like to use Wi-Fi

Also My epson printer is Spanish the model is Stylus Office B42WD.

Thanks

2.93GHz Intel Core i7, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Memory 8GB also Mac OS X now (10.7)

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2012 11:21 AM

Rosetta is not available in 10.7 (Lion) or 10.8 (Mountain Lion), therefore you if you are running either of these versions of OS X you will need to replace the application or contact the developer to see if they have versions for 10.7 or 10.8. Rosetta was designed for Macs that began using Intel microprocessors back in 2006, Apple included it in OS X Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard which gave 5+ years for developers and users to update their systems. When Lion launched in 2011 Rosetta support was no longer available which means you need to replace or update the app.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2012 11:21 AM in response to George Hilton

Rosetta is not available in 10.7 (Lion) or 10.8 (Mountain Lion), therefore you if you are running either of these versions of OS X you will need to replace the application or contact the developer to see if they have versions for 10.7 or 10.8. Rosetta was designed for Macs that began using Intel microprocessors back in 2006, Apple included it in OS X Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard which gave 5+ years for developers and users to update their systems. When Lion launched in 2011 Rosetta support was no longer available which means you need to replace or update the app.

How do I get Rosetta

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.